For the next step from G-mee into smart technology engagement, the G-mee Play is a Smartplayer (no sim card) that gives users greater freedom to explore more through the Google mobile services. Users can expand their on-the-go entertainment by choosing from thousands of apps for download via Google Play Store, or watching their favourite clips on YouTube. Like all G-mee devices, the pre-installed G-mee APP LOCK feature manages suitable content consumption.
The G-mee Play is a Smartplayer designed to give its users a safer digital life. It is built with the following 3 Main Principles in mind:
1. SAFETY – Built-in Safety with the APP LOCK Feature to lock apps you deem inappropriate for the user. You can also use this to lock the Playstore and prevent the user from downloading additional apps. No Cameras to avoid photo and video sharing.
2. INDEPENDENCE – With G-mee Play, parents can allow or disallow apps you deem age or developmentally-appropriate for your kids without having to worry about the contents they are consuming. Kids can enjoy their favorite android apps in their own time.
3. ENTERTAINMENT – In a digital world, we can’t simply cut off kids from smart devices just because there are dangers that come with it. As parents, all we can do is guide them to choose contents that are age-appropriate. Letting them listen to podcasts, music or watch their favorite videos and shows in their own time or during a road trip is a great way to keep them entertained.
G-mee Play is a 5 inch touchscreen device gadgets for kids to enjoy apps like podcasts, video games, streaming music and more. It also features built-in parental/guardian controls so you can disallow some apps like photo sharing and video sharing sites, or require a pin code before kids can access apps.
- G-mee Play includes Google mobile services.
- Users can expand their on-the-go entertainment by choosing from thousands of apps for download via Google Play Store, or watching their favourite clips on YouTube.
- G-mee Play is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi-enabled so kids can connect their G-mee device to their favorite headset and speaker, and stream their favorite educational and entertainment content through a Wi-Fi connection.
- G-mee comes bundled with a G-mee clear protective case, earbuds, 5 sheets of stickers, and micro usb cable.
G-Mee Play Features:
Android Version: Android 8.1
Memory Storage: 8GB inbuilt
External Memory Capacity: up to 32GB
Apps: via Google Play Store
Lock Apps: with Pin Code
Google Playstore: Yes
Pre-loaded Google Apps: Yes
Setting up the App Lock
To open G-mee app lock, open your settings, click on Security & Location, Advanced, App Locker.
- You will now be asked to set a pin code.
- Once chosen, select the apps you want to encrypt with g-mee App Lock – this is displayed by the padlock next to each app.
- Locked means that is encrypted, unlocked means it’s available to access without the pin.
- Click on the switch at the top of the page to turn the feature on and off at any time.
- Be sure to test some of the locked apps you have selected to ensure they have been successfully encrypted.
- Each app is still installed and can still be used by simply entering your selected pin code.
- You can also use app lock to block access to your g-mee settings, by locking ‘settings’ in the list.
- You can still adjust basic functions like volume controls, but access to the settings menu is now locked.
- App Lock can also block access to new apps being installed by locking the ‘Google Play store’.
Have more questions on how the device works? Check out the G-mee Support page and FAQs here.
To help choose which is the right G-mee for you view the different product features here